Cost per recipe $11.64 view details
- 2 x Chickens (2 and 1/2 to 3 pounds each) quartered
- 2 c. Apple cider
- 1 c. Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Grnd ginger
- 2 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd black pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1/3 c. Applejack (sometimes I omit this)
- 2 x Apples, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 1. One day before serving, place the chicken pcs in a shallow dish. Pour the cider over the chicken and marinate overnight in the refrigerator, turning the pcs occasionally. (sometimes I only marinate for a couple of hrs)
- 2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 3. Remove the chicken from the cider but reserve the cider. Mix the flour, ginger, cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste in a shallow bowl. Dredge the chicken with the flour mix and place skin side up in a shallow baking pan.
- 4. Bake the chicken for 40 mintues.
- 5. Meanwhile combine the reserved cider, the brown sugar, applejack, and apple slices.
- 6. Pour the marinade mix over the chicken and bake 25 min more, basing occasionally with the pan juices.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3541g|
|Calories from Fat 3375||52%|
|Total Fat 374.35g||468%|
|Saturated Fat 106.85g||427%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 245.15g||65%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.7g||52%|