Cost per serving $1.84 view details
- 1 large Yellow Onion, diced
- Olive oil for sauteing
- Sea salt and fresh pepper
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 cups Zucchini, peeled, thinly sliced(1/8 of an inch), cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cups Eggplant, peeled, thinly sliced(1/8 of an inch), cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 14 ounce can of Artichokes, rinsed, chopped into bite size pieces
- 14 ounce can Diced Tomatoes
- 8 ounces Spaghetti (like Barila Whole Grain)
- Extra Virgin Olive oil, for serving
- Fresh grated Parmesan or Romano, for serving
- Saute the yellow onion in a large skillet or saute pan with enough Olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan, over medium-low heat until tender and translucent. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, saute until fragrant.
- Add another tablespoon of Olive oil and the zucchini, eggplant and Italian seasoning. Continue sauteing until the zucchini and eggplant start to break down and become limp and tender.
- Add the artichokes and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer for ten - fifteen minutes. Taste and re-season if needed.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti to al dente according to package directions.
- Toss with pasta and serve with a drizzle of extra-virgin Olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 431g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 40||10%|
|Total Fat 4.62g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.04g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 75.8g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.4g||31%|