Thinly sliced zucchini and eggplant are sauteed and flavored with garlic, onion and Italian seasonings then simmered with tomatoes and artichokes and tossed with whole grain pasta to make this quick, easy and light dish.
- 1 large Yellow Onion, diced
- Olive oil for sauteing
- Sea salt and fresh pepper
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 cups Zucchini, peeled, thinly sliced(1/8 of an inch), cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cups Eggplant, peeled, thinly sliced(1/8 of an inch), cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 14 ounce can of Artichokes, rinsed, chopped into bite size pieces
- 14 ounce can Diced Tomatoes
- 8 ounces Spaghetti (like Barila Whole Grain)
- Extra Virgin Olive oil, for serving
- Fresh grated Parmesan or Romano, for serving
- Saute the yellow onion in a large skillet or saute pan with enough Olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan, over medium-low heat until tender and translucent. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, saute until fragrant.
- Add another tablespoon of Olive oil and the zucchini, eggplant and Italian seasoning. Continue sauteing until the zucchini and eggplant start to break down and become limp and tender.
- Add the artichokes and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer for ten - fifteen minutes. Taste and re-season if needed.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti to al dente according to package directions.
- Toss with pasta and serve with a drizzle of extra-virgin Olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 431g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 40||10%|
|Total Fat 4.62g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.04g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 75.8g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.4g||31%|