A delicious and moist cake, perfect for weddings. Any bride doing the cake herself, or having a family/friend make it, should use this cake. It is easily doubled, and makes fantastic cupcakes!
This cake is so versatile, there are several variations that I have done that are wonderful:
*Fresh berries to batter and icing
* Torte or fill with raspberry filling or jam
* Add 2/3 c. of cocoa powder for chocolate raspberry cake
For best results, use rasspberry buttercream icing. Always make sure that all of your ingredients are room temperature.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. + 2 tbsp. cake flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. evaporated milk
- 1/2 c. melted butter, unsalted
- 1 c. sour cream
- 3-5 tsp. raspberry extract (depends on how strong you want the flavor)
- 2 tsp. butter extract
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 330*
- In large bowl, combine evaporated milk, extracts, butter & sour cream. Mix with mixer until frothy. ( it will be runny)
- Add cake mix, cake flour, sugar, salt, and eggs. Mix well, but make sure that there are still a few clumps left.
- Pour batter into greased/floured pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes until center is pricked clean.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 719g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 964||37%|
|Total Fat 109.51g||137%|
|Saturated Fat 51.02g||204%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 372.8g||99%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|