Cost per recipe $0.27 view details
- 2 x Broiling chickens, halved (2 1/2-3 lb.)
- 1/4 c. Minced italian parsley
- Â Â Lemon sauce, see recipe
- 1. To attain maximum heat, preheat broiler for at least 15 min before using.
- 2. Broil chicken halves, turning once, for about 30 min or possibly till skin is golden brown-brown and juices run clear when bird is pierced with a fork.
- 3. Remove chicken from broiler, leaving broiler on. Using a very sharp knife, cut each half into about 6 pcs (leg, thigh, wing, 3 small breast pcs).
- 4. Place chicken on a baking sheet with sides, of a size which can fit into the broiler. Pour Lemon Sauce over the chicken and toss to coat well. If necessary, divide sauce in half and do this in two batches.
- 5. Return to broiler and broil for 3 min. Turn each piece and broil for an additional minute.
- 6. Remove from broiler and portion each chicken onto each of 6 hot serving plates.
- 7. Pour sauce into a heavy saucepan. Stir in parsley and place over high heat for 1 minute. Pour an equal amount of sauce over each chicken and serve with lots of crusty bread to absorb the sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 612g|
|Calories from Fat 727||51%|
|Total Fat 80.78g||101%|
|Saturated Fat 22.5g||90%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.9g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|