Cost per serving $0.32 view details
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- ½ cup raisins, chopped
- 3/4 cup whole milk, plus more for brushing
- Juice of 1 orange
- Raw sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl stir in flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and orange zest. Combine 3/4 cup milk and juice of 1 orange.
- Mix in butter with fingertips until the consistency of course meal with a few slightly larger butter lumps.
- Stir in cranberries and milk and orange juice.
- On a floured surface, form into a ball and pat into an 8-inch circle, about ¾-inch thick.
- Brush top and sides with cream and sprinkle generously with raw sugar.
- Cut into 8 triangles (like you would a pie).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Resist eating these immediately and let them rest about 10 minutes to firm up.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 96g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 73||28%|
|Total Fat 8.32g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 5.05g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.09g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|