Cost per serving $1.75 view details
- 1Â 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (1/3" to 1/2" thick)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 c. flaked coconut
- 1 c. corn starch
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 x Large eggs beaten
- 1/4 c. water
- Â Â Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Â Â Rainforest Cafe's Honey Mustard Dressing (see recipe)
- Trim chicken breasts so the pcs will measure 4 inches long and about 2 1/2 inches wide. Sprinkle sugar and salt over chicken breast and place in a zip lock bag and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hrs.
- When chicken breasts are ready to be prepared, rinse lightly and drain. Place coconut, corn starch, and flour in a bowl and mix well. In separate bowl place beaten Large eggs and add in water, blend well. Have oil warm and ready to fry chicken breasts.
- Dip chicken breast in egg wash and then place chicken breast in coconut mix, coating well. Carefully place chicken in warm oil and cook till lightly golden brown. Remove and place on a paper towel. When frying chicken don't crowd and keep a check on the oil so it does not burn.
- The coconut chicken was served with the honey mustard on top of the chicken pcs, we have elected to serve the sauce on the side.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
- Comments: For presentation and tasty side compliment. Slice a ripe pineapple in 1/8-inch pcs and cut the round slices in half. Lightly saute/fry the pineapple in a non stick sauce pan which has been sprayed with a non stick spray just till heated through. The pineapple will turn more intense yellow. Serving fresh sauteed pineapple is also great with a pork entree.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 215g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 93||24%|
|Total Fat 10.88g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 7.32g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 40.63g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|