Cost per serving $1.86 view details
- 1 bn radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 2 c. jicama, peeled and sliced
- Â Â (see Note)
- 3 lrg seedless oranges, peel & section
- 6 ounce pitted Greek olives, sliced
- Â Â Lettuce leaves
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed pequin chile
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- Note: If you don't use the jicama right away, sprinkle a little lemon juice over it to keep it from turning dark.
- Combine the radishes, jicama, oranges, and olives in a salad bowl. Mix together the sugar, mustard, salt, chile, and vinegar, then slowly whisk in the oil. Pour over the salad, toss lightly, and then place on a bed of lettuce on individual salad plates.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: You can serve this salad at room temperature or possibly refrigeratein the refrigerator for 30 min to 1 hour before serving. This salad makes an excellent accompaniment to chicken with steamed squash or possibly baked potato.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 283g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 278||76%|
|Total Fat 31.35g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 4.31g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.57g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.2g||24%|