Cost per serving $1.06 view details
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, room temperature
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Gruyere cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole-grain bread crumbs, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the quinoa, eggs, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in the chives, onion, cheese, and garlic. Add the bread crumbs, stir, and let stand for a few minutes. Form mixture into twelve 1-inch thick patties. (Add more breadcrumbs if the mixture is too wet; add water if too dry.) Mixture can be kept covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Working in batches, add patties, cover, and cook until bottoms are deeply browned, about 7 to 10 minutes. Increase heat to medium if there is no browning after 10 minutes and continue to cook until patties are browned. Flip patties with a spatula and cook the second sides until golden, about 7 minutes. Remove from skillet and cool on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining patties.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 68g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 53||29%|
|Total Fat 5.99g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.6g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 24.12g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|