This Spanish Rice recipe was given to me by my mom, we ate this often when we were kids. it's easy and cheap to make. It is a favorite in my house and is often requested for dinner, and the occassional Grad party.
- 2- Lbs Ground Beef
- 1- Onion, Chopped
- 1- Large Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1- Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1- 16 oz Container of Salsa
- 2-14.5 oz Can of Stewed Tomatoes
- 2- 8 oz Cans of Tomato Sauce
- 2- Cups of White Rice(dry)
- Top With If Desired:
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Brown Ground Beef in Deep Skillet.
- Drain Ground Beef.
- Add Onion And Bell Pepper cook on Med.
- Open and Drain Stewed Tomatoes into Ground Beef Mixture, Cut Tomatoes into Smaller Pieces. Add to Mix
- Add Tomato sauce. Simmer for 15 Minutes
- Cook Rice as Directed on Bag or Box.
- Stir in Cooked Rice With Sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes. Serve
- Suggested Toppings (optional): Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream and Jalapenos
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 355g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 190||38%|
|Total Fat 21.19g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 8.6g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 49.01g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|