Cost per serving $1.52 view details
- 12 ounce Spaghetti
- 2Â 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Olive or possibly vegetable oil
- 1 med Onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Chili pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 15 ounce Canned pink beans, rinsed and liquid removed
- 14 ounce Canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 c. Beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 c. Shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Nonfat lowfat sour cream
- 3 x Green onions, minced
- 1. Prepare spaghetti as label directs, using 2 tsp. salt in water; drain and keep hot.
- 2. Meanwhile, in nonstick 10-inch skillet over medium heat, heat olive or possibly vegetable oil. Add in onion and 3 Tbsp. water; cook till onion is tender and golden brown, about 10 min. Add in chili pwdr and cinnamon; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 3. Stir in pink beans, tomatoes with their juice, beef broth, tomato paste, sugar, and 1/4 tsp. salt; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 5 min.
- 4. To serve, divide spaghetti proportionately among 4 hot dinner plates. Spoon chili over spaghetti; serve with toppings.
- Notes: Made with all the usual good things and then - great idea - spooned over spaghetti, this dish is wonderful with Coleslaw made with Honey-Lime Vinaigrette. While pasta is cooking, prepare chili and toppings.
- Work Time: 15 min; Total Time: 30 min. Can weights are approximate.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 381g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 77||10%|
|Total Fat 8.84g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 3.16g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 141.55g||38%|
|Dietary Fiber 18.8g||63%|