Cost per serving $6.93 view details
- 1 x Onion, roughly minced
- 1 x Carrot, roughly minced
- 1 stk celery, roughly minced
- 6 whl shallots
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 250 ml Red wine
- 150 ml Beef stock
- 250 gm Sirloin beef, trimmed and cut in half and flattened to 3mm/1/4"
- 450 gm Potatoes, cut into 1cm/1/2" dice
- Â Â A knob of butter
- 1 x 100 gram pac freshly grated
- Â Â Parmesan
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Sunflower oil
- 1 sm Onion, finely minced
- 1 x Clove garlic, crushed
- 100 gm Pancetta or possibly lardons, cut into small dice
- 50 gm Baby chestnut mushrooms, minced
- 1 x Lemon
- 1 sprg rosemary
- 50 gm White breadcrumbs
- 1 sm Bunc watercress for garnish
- 1 Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 8-10 min till tender.
- 2 Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Add in the coarsely minced onion, carrot and celery and cook for 3-4 min till beginning to brown.
- 3 Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add in the finely minced onion, garlic, lardons and mushrooms. Cook for 1-2 min till softened.
- 4 Pare the zest from the lemon and chop the rosemary. Mix with the breadcrumbs, and season with salt and pepper. Add in the softened onion and lardon mix and combine well.
- 5 Using your hands, divide the stuffing in half and shape into two sausage shapes. Place on the meat, roll up and secure with string.
- 6 Heat 1 tbsp oil in the frying pan and brown the meat with the shallots for 7-8 min till browned.
- 7 Add in the vinegar, red wine and stock to the vegetable pan, boil, turn to a simmer and add in the beef and shallots. Drain the potatoes, return to the pan and put on a low heat to dry out.
- 8 Mash the potatoes with the butter, season and stir in the Parmesan. Spoon into a piping bag with a 2.5cm/1" star nozzle.
- 9 Pipe swirls of potato onto a lightly greased baking sheet and place under the grill for 3-4 min till golden brown.
- 10 Remove the meat and vegetables from the pan, cover and put aside to rest. Boil the liquid in the pan for 3-4 min till thickened. Season and remove the potatoes from the grill.
- 10 To serve: Spoon some shallots and vegetables onto the plate. Cut the meat in half on the angle and place on top of the vegetables, spoon the sauce around the meat and garnish with a small bunch of watercress.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 777g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 402||41%|
|Total Fat 45.18g||56%|
|Saturated Fat 12.38g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 68.94g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.3g||31%|