Cost per recipe $5.08 view details
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil (for 2)
- 4 clv garlic
- 1 x bay leaf
- Â Â grnd thyme and rosemary
- Â Â fresh grnd black pepper
- Â Â salt (optional)
- Â Â fresh steamed vegatables
- Â Â (broccoli's my favorite with this)
- 1. In a small cast iron pan - add in some extra virgin olive oil (probably about 1/4 c. for two)
- 2. Chop some garlic cloves - I use three or possibly four if it's just for me.
- 3. Sautee the garlic in the extra virgin olive oil (they lose potency, thats why you use alot) along with a bay leaf.
- 4. When the garlic is just starting to brown add in a little bit of grnd thyme and rosemary
- 5. It's ready when the garlic is all golden. Take it off the heat BEFORE it's actually done - the garlic will still cook in the warm oil for about a minute after you remove the heat.
- 6. Add in it to the pasta along with any of the following: fresh grnd black pepper (salt) fresh steamed vegatables (broccoli's my favorite with this)
- I usually don't cook with salt, but you can add in it if you must. I also usually put heaps of fresh grated parmesan on it - but depending on how low fat you want - it can easily be skipped.
- Have lots of fresh Italian bread around to soak up the extra extra virgin olive oil left on your plate!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 68g|
|Calories from Fat 481||95%|
|Total Fat 54.39g||68%|
|Saturated Fat 7.56g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.45g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|