Cost per recipe $1.97 view details
- 250gr baking flour
- 225 gr granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 130ml coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ovalette/sponge cake stabilizer
- 200 gr grated coconut
- Green coloring - as needed
- Cooking oil - as needed
- Pandan juice/essence - as needed
- Putu Ayu molds or plastic jelly molds
- Boil the coconut milk. Let it cool.
- Thinly grease the molds with cooking oil.
- Make some pandan juice and pandan leaf cuts from fresh pandan leaves. I prefer using real pandan juice instead of the artificial pandan essence since the cupcake's pandan aroma would be very different with real pandan juice.
- Mix sugar and eggs together in high speed until the mixture is thick. Add in the sponge cake stabilizer. Mix well again until white and fluffy.
- By using spatula, add in flour, cold coconut milk, pandan juice and green coloring into the cake batter. Mix well slowly until even.
- Put a layer of fresh grated coconut on the bottom of the greased molds. Press the grated coconut a bit with one finger to make the final results firmer.
- Heat the steamer. Pour the cake batter onto molds until they're 90% full. Put one cut of pandan leaf on top to give extra pandan savor.
- Steam the cupcake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Release the cupcake from the molds and serve warm.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 337g|
|Calories from Fat 399||63%|
|Total Fat 46.41g||58%|
|Saturated Fat 30.99g||124%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.9g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|