This is one of my favourite Filipino delicacies. There are so many ways how to prepare it. I made this recipe simple, quick and easy
but I never compromise with taste. Try it and you'll make it all over and over again...
- 1/2 c. butter or corn oil
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. milk or coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 2 c. all-purpose flouur
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch salt
- TOPPING: (optional)
- 7 tbsp. sugar
- 1 c. cream
- Cream butter and sugar thoroughly.
- Add eggs one by one, beating well.
- Stir in milk and vanilla into the mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour mixture into a gresed baking pan.
- Steam for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Caramelize sugar in a saucepan.
- Add cream and stir for 1 minute.
- Spread topping over steamed cake.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 266g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 288||45%|
|Total Fat 32.6g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 19.8g||79%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 84.06g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|