Punjabi Shahi Zarda is one of the most colourful and popular dessert in Punjab and also in all over Pakistan . It is cooked dering Eid ul Fitr and on wedding occasions and liked not only by children but also by adults.
- Saila Rice (Pakki Basmati Rice/Parboiled Rice) , soaked in water 1/2 kg
- Sugar 1 and 1/2 cup (300g)
- Khoya 1 cup (250g)
- Baby Cham Cham (coloured) 250 g
- Ashrafi (Coloured) 1/2 cup
- Ghee 1/2 cup
- Almond (soaked in warm water and skin removed) 20 pieces
- Pistachio (soaked in warm water and splited) 20 pieces
- Raisin, soaked and washed , 1/4 cup
- Coconut slices 1/4 cup
- Cloves 8
- Mace small pieces 6
- Cardamom green broken 8
- Saffron threads 20
- Pure Kewra 3 drops
- Yellow Food Colour 2 pinch
- Boil soaked rice with yellow food colour in 6-8 glass of water till full tender. Drain and keep aside.
- Now in a pan heat ghee, add cardamom green and stir for 2-3 minutes , then add almond, pitachio, raisin, coconut, cloves, mace, sugar, boiled rice and kewra.
- Mix well, then sprinkle ashrafi, khoya and saffron on top.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then sprinkle coloured baby cham cham and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Delicious Punjabi Shahi Zarda is ready.
- Mix well before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 71g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 313||90%|
|Total Fat 35.86g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 25.11g||100%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.66g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|