I had left over pumpkin pie filling after making my Thanksgiving pies; I think my pie shells were smaller than the package advertised! I really dislike throwing unused food away & wanted to try & find a use for it. So I made up this recipe. It is a very tender cake; with a hint of pumpkin & very reminiscent of carrot cake. It ended up that I did not have standard size cupcake liners so I had to make jumbo cupcakes. I got 9 jumbo cupcakes so I am guessing the recipe would make about 18 cupcakes in all. I do not think this batter would hold up well in a standard cake pan, to crumbly & tender. But if you try it & it works please let me know.
- 2 sticks butter at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups pumpkin pie filling/liquid
- 1 recipe brown sugar cream cheese frosting
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder & salt into small bowl.
- Beat butter & sugar in mixer until very pale & fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing thoroughly between each egg.
- Add about 1/3 of pumpkin pie liquid & mix thoroughly.
- Add 1/3 of flour mixture; scraping bowl as needed.
- Alternate pumpkin liquid & flour, scraping bowl often, until all flour & pumpkin are mixed in.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 57g|
|Recipe makes 18 servings|
|Calories from Fat 97||41%|
|Total Fat 11.05g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 6.7g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.88g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|