That’s right, these super flavorful and very moist harvest muffins are loaded with bran and oats, no flour at all! Thanks to all the bran and oats, they’re deliciously full of fiber. They’re also packed with vitamins and are especially wonderful for breakfast this time of year. The skinny for each muffin is 218 calories, 5 grams of fat and 6 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. You’ll love having a batch stored in the freezer for a quick breakfast on the run.
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 1Â½ cups honey
- Â¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- Â¼ cup canola oil
- 3 egg whites
- 2 eggs, I love Egg-Landâs eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups wheat bran
- 1Â½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1Â¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Â¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a muffin pan with cooking spray with flour in it. This is really a must because thereâs very little fat used in this muffin, (see shopping tip)
- 2. In an electric mixer or in a large bowl, mixing by hand, add the pumpkin, honey, applesauce and oil.
- 3. Stir in the egg whites, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- 4. Add wheat bran, oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt and mix until combined. Stir in the cranberries or raisins and mix until blended.
- 5. Fill each muffin cup just about to the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes our clean, about 30-35 minutes.
- 6. Let cool for 10 minutes and carefully loosen them using a spoon or dull knife before removing each muffin.
- 7. Clean muffin pan, spray again with cooking spray with flour in it. Bake remaining 4 muffins.
- 8. When cooled, wrap each muffin with plastic wrap and store on the kitchen counter for several days. These muffins freeze great too! Wrap each in plastic wrap and store in a plastic bag in the freezer.
- Weight Watchers (old points) 4
- Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 6
- SKINNY FACTS: for 1 muffin
- 218 calories, 5g fat, 4g protein, 45g carbs, 5g fiber, 174mg sodium, 33g sugar
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://skinnykitchen.com.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 81g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 42||19%|
|Total Fat 4.83g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.57g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 47.4g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||15%|