A few weeks ago I fixed Farm Diva’s Chicken Fried Rice recipe for dinner. It was delicious and with a Lowcountry sweetie that was raised up on rice I had made more rice than I needed in her recipe. The leftover white rice sat in the fridge for a day or two and then one evening in a desperate-for-a-side-dish mode I looked in the fridge, saw it AND left over canned pumpkin and voila! Inspiration hit remembering how yummy the Chicken Fried Rice was and the result was Pumpkin Fried Rice. Easy, satisfying and reasonable – you might like it too!
- cooking oil spray
- Â½ onion, chopped
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1. Spray a medium to large size skillet with oil and heat over med-high.
- 2. Cook onion in oil until slightly softened.
- 3. Add pumpkin and rice and stir well.
- 4. Push rice to one side of pan and pour beaten eggs onto exposed skillet surface.
- 5. Let cook slightly and stir in such a way the eggs are scrambled.
- 6. Stir rice mixture into eggs and sprinkle with soy. Stir and let cook a few more minutes.
- 7. Remove from heat and enjoy!
- This serves about 4. I served it with boiled shrimp, another Lowcountry staple.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 141g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 22||15%|
|Total Fat 2.5g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.77g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.52g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|