This recipe is from my Good housekeeping cookbook. It is the best pumpkin cheesecake I have ever had! So...I just had to share it. It is a MUST TRY! The crust calls for graham crackers, but the second time I made it I used gingersnaps. I didn't get to eat much of it, because I dropped it in the oven, but I think it would have been just as good!
- Crumb Crust:
- 1 Cup graham-cracker crumbs (8 rectangular graham crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pumpkin Filling:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 Â¼ cups sugar
- 1 can (15 oz) solid-pack pumpkin (not pumpkin-pie mix)
- Â¾ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Â½ teaspoon ground allspice
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- Sour cream topping:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ÂºF. In 9â by 3â spring form pan, combine graham-cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar; stir with fork until evenly moistened. With hand, press mixture firmly onto bottom of pan. Tightly wrap outside of pan with heavy-duty foil (I skipped this stepâ¦). Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Prepare pumpkin filling: In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth. Slowly beat in sugar until blended, about 1 minute, frequently scrapping bowl with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to low. Beat in pumpkin, sour cream, bourbon (I used vanilla extract), cinnamon, allspice, and salt. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, just until blended.
- Scrape pumpkin mixture onto crust and place in large roasting pan (I skipped thisâ¦I did put the roasting pan with the water on the lower rack in the oven, with the cake on the top rackâ¦). Place pan on oven rack. Carefully pour enough very hot water into roasting pan to come 1 inch up side of spring form pan. Bake until center of cake barely jiggles, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare sour-cream topping: In small bowl, with wire whisk, beat our cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Remove cheesecake from water bath (leave water bath in oven); spread sour-cream mixture evenly over top. Return cake to water bath and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Remove cheesecake from water bath and transfer to wire rack; remove foil. Run thin knife around edge f cheesecake to prevent cracking during cooling. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 6 hours or up to overnight. Remove side of pan to serve.
- We will number the steps for you. Please just hit enter after each step
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 76g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 87||38%|
|Total Fat 9.83g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 4.88g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.86g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|