Pumpkin lovers rejoice…This decadent sweet monkey bread really highlights the great flavors of fall! It makes for a wonderful brunch treat or dessert this time of year. One skinny serving has 190 calories, 6 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS
- Cooking spray with flour in it, see shopping tip
- â cup reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
- Â¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon water
- â cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- â cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (12 oz each) cans Pillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits or Pillsbury Golden Layer Buttermilk Flaky Biscuits (100 calories for each biscuit)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray with flour in it.
- In a small pan, melt butter, brown sugar and water. Mix in the pumpkin and vanilla. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low and cook for 2 minutes. Stir often. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend â cup granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
- Quarter each biscuit and roll each in sugar mixture. Place Â½ the pieces layered evenly in Bundt pan.
- Spoon Â½ of cooked sauce over the biscuit pieces. Place remaining Â½ pieces of biscuits layered evenly in Bundt pan. If there is any sugar/cinnamon mixture left, sprinkle over top of biscuit pieces. Spoon remaining Â½ of cooked sauce evenly over biscuit pieces.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Let sit for about 5 minutes. While still hot, carefully loosen sides and middle of pan and invert onto a serving plate.
- Serve warm. Slice into 16 slices and let everyone pull their slice apart to eat. This monkey bread freezes great. Slice into servings and place in individual plastic container. Store in freezer.
- Makes 16 servings (Itâs so decadent tasting 1/16 of the recipe is very satisfying)
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://www.skinnykitchen.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 11g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.43g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|