Ok, so I had never used a crock pot before tonight, and I can't believe what I've been missing out on! I had been stressing all day that my apartment would burn down (it didn't) or the power would go out because of our big storm today (it didn't) or even that I would come back to find the tiny leak in my roof had caused a flood (it didn't).
The only legitimate stress I had all day was work related, and I can't tell you what a relief it was to come home and have diner completely ready!
I love Mexican, and looked at a number of recipes until I came up with this one.
- 1 pork tenderloin (I used a 2 lb one)
- 1 yellow onion, just cut into large rings
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (dried or fresh)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Small corn or flour tortillas - whichever you'd prefer
- Sour Cream
- Salsa verde (I love to make my own, but for this I just used store bought)
- Place half of the onions and half of the garlic at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Mix all of the spices together evenly and rub all over the pork tenderloin. Place the tenderloin fatty-side up in the crock pot on top of the garlic and onions.
- Add the rest of the garlic and onions on top of the tenderloin and drizzle the lime juice on top.
- Turn crock pot on low for 8-10 hours.
- Once it's done, drain the liquid and pull the meat apart with a fork. Make sure you keep the onions!
- Before serving, heat up the tortillas either in the oven or the microwave. I find that the simple toppings of sour cream, avocado, and salsa verde are perfect with pulled pork.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 512g|
|Calories from Fat 194||36%|
|Total Fat 21.61g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 4.04g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.05g|
|Total Carbs 35.62g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.5g||45%|