Today's recipe is of a type of greeny leaf which is called 'Pui/Puhi" We call it 'Pui Saag' in Bangladesh. A very popular type of green leaf that is cooked in almost all Bangladeshi homes and eaten as a side dish with boiled rice. It is usually cooked with fish or shrimp, or just lightly fried with onions.
I cooked mine with shrimp, because my hubby is a huge shrimp lover and requested I cook it that way.
Hope you all enjoy my recipe!
- 1 Ib Pui Saag (washed and drained)
- 300 Gram small shrimps (washed and peeled)
- 2 table spoon vegetable oil
- 3 cup water
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 tea-spoon Garlic paste
- 1/2 tea-spoon Ginger paste
- 2 teaspoon salt (as per your choice)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2-3 Green chillies (halved)
- In a pant heat oil in medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and peeled shrimps to oil and saute fry 1-2 minutes
- The add the garlic and ginger paste, salt, turmeric powder and paprika
- Saute for few minutes so that all ingredients blend together until an aroma comes out, add a little bit of water if needed
- Add the leafy greens/pui saag and mix together with ingredients.
- Add the 3 cups of water and cover under medium heat.
- Let cook for 5-6 minutes or more until the leafs are well cooked and water has reduced to your liking.
- Add the green chillies 1-2 minutes before the dish is done cooking.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1234g|
|Calories from Fat 292||45%|
|Total Fat 33.01g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 3.16g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 21.76g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||13%|