Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- . Either have pre-roasted veggies ready to mount on freshly baked and puffed Polenta tube slices...OR make everything from scratch as everything comes together in no time at all.
- . > (American / Metric measures) <
- . VEGETABLES roasted:
- . 1 medium, Eggplant (type: Black Beauty) cut into 8 rounds
- . 1 medium sweet onion (Spanish, Vidalia or other), thickly sliced, round
- . 2 tomatoes ('Roma' variety) sliced lengthwise
- . sprinkle of sea salt, granulated garlic and sugar (optional)
- . VEGETABLE sautÃ©:
- . 1 large, sweet onion (Spanish, Vidalia or other), chopped
- . 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- . 1/8 cup (25ml) 'Sherry' (or any other fortified white wine)
- . Seasonings: 1/4 tsp. (1ml) each: sea salt, granulated garlic, basil, marjoram, sage and tarragon. Note: Don't be concerned if you have only some of the above...be creative with what you have.
- . POLENTA PATTIES:
- . 1 ready-made Polenta tube (cut into 8 rounds)
- . olive oil for basting
- . sprinkle of sea salt and garlic granules
- . Cheese: Strong aged cheese like Cheddar, Feta, Parmesan...among so many great selections work exquisitely well with this versatile creation.
- . Note: most of the roasted vegetables had been made prior to assembling the montage on top of the freshly prepared Polenta puff patties.
- . For the roasting of the eggplants, onions and tomatoes: Pre-heat oven at 425F/220C/Gas6 and place oven rack at the second level from the bottom.
- . Slice the eggplant and salt each slice. Make sure it sweats out its bitterness. This will take about 30 minutes set up on a rack. Then place each patted-dry slice on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place the sliced onion rounds in between the eggplant. On the same baking sheet, place the tomato slices sprinkled with a little sea salt, garlic granules and optional sugar. They'll roast very well together. The roasting should take about 45-50 minutes or until they look caramelized.
- . VEGETABLE sautÃ©: Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, sautÃ© the chopped onion and red pepper. Begin on medium-high to then caramelize on medium low heat. Pour the Sherry and have its alcohol release during a few seconds. Mix in the seasoning and shut the heat. Let it rest until ready to assemble the polenta montage.
- . POLENTA PATTIES: Brush each slice with a little olive oil and place on another parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with the sea salt and granulated garlic. Right after the vegetables have been roasted, bake for 40 minutes or until the puff has magically appeared in the patties.
- . ASSEMBLY - Montage and Garnish: Place Eggplant as the base to the Polenta patties and pile up the layers: Onion, tomato, cheese. Top the montage with the vegetable sautÃ©. Fresh basil leaves along with a butternut squash purÃ©e were used to finalize the meal preparation.
- . Buon appetito and flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.COM
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 0g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|