A highly versatile pastry, and it's not nearly as difficult to make as you might think!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cost per recipe $1.32 view details
- 1. Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl;
- 2. add the lemon juice and the butter broken into pieces the size of a walnut.
- 3. Add sufficient cold water to bind the ingredients together.
- 4. Turn on to a floured board, and roll the pastry into a long strip.
- 5. Fold it in three, and press the edges together.
- 6. Half turn the pastry, roll it with the rolling pin to equalize the air in it, and again roll it into a strip.
- 7. Fold in three and repeat this until the pastry has had four rolls, folds and half-turns.
- 8. Refrigerate until ready to use, or use immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1343g|
|Calories from Fat 827||50%|
|Total Fat 94.2g||118%|
|Saturated Fat 58.62g||234%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 173.15g||46%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.1g||20%|