Cost per serving $1.54 view details
- 1/4 c. Vegetable oil
- 1Â 1/2 c. Minced onion
- 3 clv garlic, chopped
- 4 x Dry juniper berries, crushed
- 1/2 tsp Crushed coriander seed
- 1 x Bay leaf
- 4 lrg Ripe tomatoes, quartered, seeded
- 1Â 1/4 c. Water
- 2/3 c. Cider vinegar
- 1/3 x Cto 1/2 c. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Grnd New Mexican red chile
- 1 x Dry medium-warm New Mexican red chile, crushed
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 ounce Square unsweetened chocolate, grated
- 4 lb To 5 lb pork rib roast
- Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan and saute/fry onions in it over medium heat till soft. Add in garlic, juniper berries, coriander seed and bay leaf and saute/fry for 2 to 3 min longer. Add in tomatoes, water, vinegar, honey, grnd and crushed chile and salt. Simmer, covered, 30 min. Add in chocolate and simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 30 min, till fairly thick.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place roast fat side up in a roasting pan and baste generously with the sauce. Roast for about 3 hrs, basting occasionally with sauce and pan drippings. Let roast sit for 10 min in a hot place before carving. Slice and spoon additional sauce over each portion.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 241g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 104||70%|
|Total Fat 11.9g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 2.27g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.23g|
|Total Carbs 10.43g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|