Cost per recipe $2.39 view details
- Asparagus Bundles
- Asparagus, rinsed, dried and ends trimmed
- Frozen puff pastry, thawed
- kosher salt
- Either 1 egg, beaten or melted butter
- Sage Infused Sour Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. fresh sage, minced + a few whole sage leaves for garnish
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Asparagus Bundles
- 1. Remove the puff pastry from the freezer and unwrap, laying it out in one sheet on the counter to thaw.
- 2. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper, setting it aside. (You can also use non-stick cooking spray if you don't have parchment paper)
- 3. Lay a slice of prosciutto down. Set three spears on top of it, so that theyâre centered and roll the asparagus up in the prosciutto.
- 4. Once pastry is thawed, cut off a long strip thatâs about an inch wide. Cut the pastry long enough just to wrap around the prosciutto and trim it so that the ends just meet.
- 5. To make the bow, cut a thin strip of puff pastry. Fold one end over in a loop. Then cross it with another loop to form a bow. Dab the pastry with a little cold water, and set the bow down in the center. The water will help it to stick. Press down gently in the center (where the knot on the bow would be) to help secure it.
- 6. Carefully transfer the bundle to your pan and with a brush, gently dab the bundle with your choice of either one egg, beaten or melted butter. (I chose the butter for extra taste)
- 7. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Sage Sour Cream Dipping Sauce
- 1. Mix sour cream and Parmesan in a medium-sized bowl.
- 2. Mince up sage and add to sour cream mixture.
- 3. Add freshly cracked black pepper, to taste and mix together.
- 4. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with whole sage leaves.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 196g|
|Calories from Fat 424||72%|
|Total Fat 47.85g||60%|
|Saturated Fat 22.15g||89%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 26.28g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|