Cost per serving $0.55 view details
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, light green and white parts cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, or half a large one, diced
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/3 cup shredded fontina cheese (or whatever cheese you prefer)
- 12 very thin slices prosciutto or ham (try to use a less salty prosciutto like di parma or san daniele)
- 6 eggs
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray the insides of a standard 6-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Line each cup with two slices of ham or prosciutto â .enough to cover bottom and sides of muffin well, folding if you have to.
- In a medium-size skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the leekss and bell peppers to the pan â sautÃ© 5-6 minutes, until very soft. Add the cream and cook until thick and reduced, about 5 minutes. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Spoon a heaping tabslespoon of the leek â bell pepper saute into the bottom of the prosciutto lined cup, then 1 tabslespoon of the cheese on top of it. Press down a little to make room, then crack an egg into each well.
- Season the tops of the eggs with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the muffin tin on a baking sheet. Transfer sheet to the oven and bake 15 minutes, until the eggs are set, but still âyolkyâ.
- Remove baking sheet with tin from the oven and allow the baked eggs to cool in the muffin cups for a couple of minutes before removing them from pan.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 70g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 106||75%|
|Total Fat 11.96g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 6.1g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.31g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|