Cost per serving $1.56 view details
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med onion minced
- 2 lrg garlic clove minced
- 2 lrg carrots minced
- 2 stalk celery ribs minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 48 ounce low-sodium defatted chicken broth Or possibly
- 48 ounce vegetable broth
- 15 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 3/4 lb green beans cut into 1" lengths
- 1 lrg zucchini cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1/4 head cabbage head thinly sliced Or possibly
- 1/4 head savory cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. ditalini
- Â Â or possibly other small pasta
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 19 ounce canned red kidney beans rinsed & liquid removed Or possibly canned cannellini beans - rinsed and liquid removed
- Hot the oil in a Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 3 min, or possibly till the onion starts to soften. Add in the carrots, celery, and Italian seasoning. Cook for 3 min or possibly till the carrots are crisp-tender. Add in the broth. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 min, or possibly till the carrots are almost tender. Add in the tomatoes (with juice), green beans, zucchini, cabbage, pasta, salt and beans. Simmer for 10 to 12 min, or possibly till the pasta is cooked and all the vegetables are soft.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Start to Finish Time:"0:45"
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 412g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 26||16%|
|Total Fat 2.95g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.51g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.55g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.3g||31%|