Yield: 12 cream puffs
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
Cost per serving $0.21 view details
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel ice cream topping (warm)
- Chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet.
- In medium saucepan, combine water and butter.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in flour and salt; cook, stirring vigorously, until mixture leaves sides of pan in smooth ball.
- Remove from heat.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating vigorously after each addition until mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Spoon 12 mounds of dough (about 1/4 cup each) 3 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; prick puffs with a sharp knife to allow steam to escape.
- Remove from cookie sheet; cool for one hour or until completely cooled.
- Split cream puffs. When completely cool,
- fill with vanilla ice cream.
- Drizzle with warm caramel ice cream topping;
- sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 65g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 93||62%|
|Total Fat 10.49g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 6.08g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.67g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|