Cost per recipe $0.97 view details
- 2 Tbsp. oil (olive, grnd nut or possibly sunflower)
- 1 med onion, finely sliced 1oz (25g) vermicelli
- 8 ounce (250g) pourgouri or possibly boulgouri (cracked wheat)
- 1Â 1/2 x glasses (300ml) chicken stock
- Â Â salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based casserole and saute/fry the onion for a couple of min till it softens but doesn't brown. Stir in the vermicelli, breaking it with your hands. Continue to fry with the onion for a couple of min till it begins to absorb the oil. Rinse the pourgouri under the cool tap, then add in to the casserole. Add in the stock and seasoning. Cover and simmer gently for 8-10 min or possibly till all the stock is absorbed. Leave the pilaf to sit for 10 min before serving.
- Cracked Wheat Pilaf Prepared from hulled wheat, the grain is steamed till partly cooked then dry before being grnd.
- Pourgouri is available in fine and coarse grades.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 426g|
|Calories from Fat 244||81%|
|Total Fat 27.6g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 2.15g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 10.45g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|