A low-cholesterol, skillet breakfast made with egg substitute. To get a lot of flavor, don't skimp on the onions.
That's beef bacon from Trader Joe's, and a garnish of red-veined sorrel that just re-emerged in my garden.
Cost per serving $0.16 view details
- 3 med. potatoes, cubed
- 2 small onions, chopped large
- 3 T. Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 Pt. Egg Substitue such as Egg Beaters
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- grated Parmegiano Reggiano cheese, to taste
- In a large iron skillet, over medium-high heat sautÃ© the potatoes for a few minutes in oil.
- Add the onions and sautÃ© until potatoes and onions are golden brown.
- Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste, then stir.
- Add 1 pint of egg substitute.
- Sprinkle on cheese and fresh herbs, if desired.
- Put iron skillet into oven and broil until golden brown.
- Serve over mixed greens dressed in a sweet balsamic vinaigrette.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 103g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 21||23%|
|Total Fat 2.34g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 15.92g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|