Cost per serving $1.87 view details
- 2 lb Potato, boiling
- 3/4 lb Bacon
- 1 bn Kale, (about 1 lb.)
- 1 x Garlic clove
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- 1 c. Heavy cream
- 1 bn Chives, (opt)
- 5 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- Peel potatoes and put in a pot with sufficient cool, salted water to cover.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Lower weat, uncover, and simmer till done, about 25 min. Drain, reserving the cooking liquid. Break up potatoes with a potato masher; they should be lumpy, not smooth.
- Cook the bacon till crisp. Drain and chop. Pour off all but 2 Tbsp. of the bacon fat, reserving the extra fat.
- Stem and chop the kale. Mince the garlic. Cook half the kale and half the garlic in the 2 Tbsp. bacon fat over medium heat till kale is wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl.
- Repeat with remaining kale and garlic, using the reserved bacon fat as needed. Return all the kale to the frying pan and add in the heavy cream.
- Simmer over low heat till the kale is tender, about 10 min. Mince the chives.
- Recipe can be made to this point several hrs ahead.
- Cooking and Serving: Combine potatoes with about 4 c. of the reserved cooking liquid in a large pot. Add in more cooking liquid or possibly water if too thick. Add in kale mix to the pot and bring to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into bowls and sprinkle with chives and bacon.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 305g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 445||70%|
|Total Fat 49.64g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 19.72g||79%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.65g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|