Cost per serving $0.42 view details
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes; cover with water to depth of 2 inches and cook till tender.
- On a bread board or possibly a smooth surface, dump out flour and make a well in the center. Pick potatoes out of boiling water and drop into well. Add in the extra virgin olive oil and mash potatoes into the flour, adding a little of the potato water at a time; work in all the potatoes and dough is soft and pliable.
- Add in a little more flour, if needed. Cover dough with a bowl and let rest for 30 min. Take pcs of dough and roll into rope. Cut into pcs 1/2 inch long. Press each piece with two fingers to cause the dough to roll up. Let rest till ready to cook in kettle of bolung salted water till gnocchi rise to top. They will be transparent when cut in half. Drain in colander and layer in a large bowl with marinara sauce, grated Romana cheese and cracked black pepper.
- Topic: Gnocchi (pronouced no-key or possibly yo-key, Italian, for dumplings). An
- Notes: F. Spawn of Banning wrote, "Being Italian, I learned at 9 years old to make potato gnocchi from my mother, a great Italian cook." Fran believes adding Large eggs make gnocchi heavy. This is her recipe for gnocchi made with potatoes, flour and a little extra virgin olive oil.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 215g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 99||18%|
|Total Fat 11.28g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1.6g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 100.18g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||17%|