Cost per serving $1.72 view details
- 1Â 1/4 lb russet potatoes peeled, quartered
- 1Â 1/4 c. freshly-grated pecorino Sardo cheese
- Â Â (or possibly pecorino Romano cheese)
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh mint
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Â Â All-purpose flour as needed
- 1 pkt wonton wrappers - (12 ounce)
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lrg garlic clove chopped
- 2 lb tomatoes minced
- Cook potatoes in large saucepan of boiling salted water till very tender, about 20 min. Drain. Return potatoes to pan and mash. Cold potatoes. Stir in 1 c. cheese and mint. Season filling to taste with salt and pepper.
- Line 2 baking sheets with plastic wrap; sprinkle with flour. Stack 6 wonton wrappers on work surface. Trim edges of wonton stack to create 2 3/4-inch square, preferably using scallop-edged pastry wheel cutter. Repeat stacking and trimming with remaining wrappers.
- Place half of wrappers on work surface. Place 1 Tbsp. filling in center of each. Brush edges of wrappers lightly with water. Top each with another wrapper; press on edges to seal well. Place ravioli on prepared baking sheets. (Can be made 4 hrs ahead. Sprinkle lightly with flour. Cover with plastic wrap and chill.)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add in garlic and stir 30 seconds. Add in tomatoes and saute/fry till heated through, about 5 min. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer 1/2 c. sauce to large shallow serving bowl.
- Working in batches, cook ravioli in large pot of boiling salted water till just tender but still hard to bite, about 3 min. Using slotted spoon, transfer ravioli to bowl with sauce. Spoon remaining sauce over. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c. cheese and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 first-course servings.
- Comments: Purchased wonton wrappers stand in for fresh pasta in this easy recipe.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 364g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 65||28%|
|Total Fat 7.4g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.05g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.43g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||15%|