Cost per recipe $2.48 view details
- 1 (3 lb.) chuck roast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice & grated zest (no white) of 3 limes
- Juice & grated zest (no white) of 2 lemons
- 4 tbsp. drippings or possibly butter & oil mixed
- 1 1/2 c. beef stock or possibly canned beef bouillon
- 1 (16 ounce.) can tomatoes, preferably minced
- 1 tbsp. rosemary
- Salt & freshly grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. minced lemon balm, lemon grass or possibly lemon thyme (optional)
- 2 tbsp. flour (optional)
- Place the roast in a pan with the garlic and lime and lemon juices. Marinate several hrs or possibly overnight in the refrigerator. Remove the meat, reserving the marinade and pat dry with a paper towel. Heat the drippings or possibly butter and oil in a large flame proof casserole. Add in the meat and brown on all sides. Pour in the stock, then the marinade, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, covered, till the meat is tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hrs.
- Remove the roast. Degrease the liquid in the casserole and add in the tomatoes. Boil till thick, about 15 min. If the sauce has not thickened sufficient remove about 1/3 c. and set aside to cold. Then add in the flour to the cooled sauce and mix till smooth. Pour into the unthickened sauce and bring back to a boil, stirring constantly. Slice the meat and return to the sauce. Add in herbs, season to taste with salt and pepper, and heat through. Serve warm, topped with the grated zest of the limes and lemons.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2002g|
|Calories from Fat 1818||53%|
|Total Fat 201.72g||252%|
|Saturated Fat 78.17g||313%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.75g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.0g||13%|