Cost per serving $2.79 view details
- 5 lb Beef chuck arm pot roast*
- 2 Tbsp. Cooking fat
- Â Â Salt
- Â Â Pepper
- 1 med Onion, sliced
- 10Â 3/4 ounce Cheddar cheese soup, cond.
- 8 ounce Tomato sauce
- 4 ounce Mushrooms, sliced, liquid removed
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Basil
- 1. In a Dutch oven, or possibly large pan with a tight-fitting cover, brown meat in fat. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan. Pour off fat drippings.
- 2. Cook onion in drippings remaining in pan till soft but not browned; stir often.
- 3. Add in soup, tomato suace, mushrooms, oregano, and basil; mix well.
- 4. Return meat to pan. Cover and simmer for 3 to 3 1/2 hrs or possibly till done. (Or possibly cook in a 325F oven for same amount of time.) Turn meat once to cook it proportionately throughout. Skim off excess fat.
- 5. If sauce is too thin, remove meat to a platter and keep hot. Mix 2 tablespoosn flour in 1/3 c. cool water. Add in mix slowly to sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook till thickened, about 3 min. Taste sauce and correct seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
- 6. If sauce needs only a little thickening, remove meat, skim off excess fat, and simmer, uncovered, for a few min.
- 7. Slice meat and serve with gravy.
- *Forzen beef chuck arm pot rasts and beef chuck blade roasts may be browned under the broiler. Place meat on boiler pan rack, then place pan in center of oven. Brown to one side, about 10 min. Turn meat and brown other side, about 8 to 10 min. Meat should be completely thawed after browning.
- ((((Hugs and Charring))))
- game/camp 31/42 Conf: (11) Cooking
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 246g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 329||58%|
|Total Fat 36.48g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 14.1g||56%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.23g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|