Cost per serving $1.73 view details
- 4 pound pot roast (sirloin tip or possibly chuck)
- 1/2 teaspoon each of pepper, grnd cloves, mace, allspice
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 lg. onion
- 1 or possibly more garlic cloves
- 1/2 c. Wesson oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 1/2 c. tomato juice or possibly canned tomatoes
- 2 or possibly 3 bay leaves
- Wipe meat with damp cloth. Mix dry ingredients and rub into cut surfaces.
- Chop onion and garlic cloves fine, add in lemon juice, vinegar and 1/4 c. only of oil.
- Pour mix over meat, turning several times so which all parts are well covered. Let soak in refrigerator 5 hrs. Turn occasionally.
- When ready to cook, sprinkle with flour.
- Heat 1/4 c. Wesson oil in heavy pan over high heat. Sear meat on all sides till dark brown. Reduce heat. Add in liquid in that was soaked, tomatoes, bay leaves. Cover and simmer 3 hrs.
- Add in carrots, onions and peeled potatoes 45 min before roast is done. Serve with thickened gravy.
- Can be marinated in baking bag, baked in the bag, stored in the refrigerator or possibly put in freezer.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 169g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 277||65%|
|Total Fat 30.9g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 9.26g||37%|
|Trans Fat 0.23g|
|Total Carbs 2.84g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|