Cost per serving $2.04 view details
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil plus
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 5 x garlic cloves - (to 6)
- 1 x onion diced
- 1 slc French baguette, 2" thick cut in cubes
- 1/3 lb blanched whole almonds
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Water if needed
- 2 lb pork shoulder cut in cubes
- 1 c. white wine
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/2 tsp grnd saffron
- Â Â Flour if needed
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. (In Spain, they use a clay flameproof casserole dish instead of a skillet.) Add in the garlic, onion, bread and almonds. Cook till golden, stirring often to avoid burning, about 8 to 10 min. Remove from the skillet.
- Place the almond mix in a blender, add in a dash of salt and 1/2 to 1 c. of water, if necessary, to facilitate blending. Blend till smooth. The mix should pour well, but not be too liquid. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1/2 c. of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the pork and cook, stirring, till lightly browned, 6 to 8 min. Add in the wine, 1 tsp. of salt, the pepper and saffron. Bring to a boil and add in the almond mix. Simmer till the meat is tender, 15 to 20 min.
- If the sauce seems too thin, mix a tsp. of flour with a tsp. of cool water in a small bowl till smooth and add in to the skillet to thicken the sauce.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 150g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 259||69%|
|Total Fat 29.72g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 4.55g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.29g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|