Cost per serving $1.47 view details
- Ingredients for Pork Sinigang:
- 3/4 kilo Pork, cut into chunks
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 onions, cut into 4 (crosswise)
- 100 grams Kangkong (river spinach)
- 100 grams String beans
- 2 pieces horse radishes, sliced
- 3 pieces gabi (taro), pealed
- 2 pieces sili (green finger pepper)
- 200 grams sampalok (tamarind)
- 3 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
- 1 liter of rice wash or water
- Cooking Instructions:
- Boil tamarind in water until the shell shows cracks. Let it cool then peal off the shells and with a strainer, pour tamarind (including water) into a bowl. Gently massage the tamarind meat off the seeds, strain again.
- In a pot, put rice wash, tomatoes and onion then let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Add pork, fish sauce, and the tamarind mixture then let it simmer for 15 minutes. Add the gabi and continue to simmer for another 15 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Add the horse radish, simmer for 10 minutes and then add the string beans and sili. Let boil for 2 minutes. Add kangkong, then cover the pot and turn the stove off.
- Serve hot.
- Sinigang Cooking Tip: Any commercial souring seasoning like Knorr sampalok seasoning or tamarind bouillon cubes may be substituted instead of tamarind, for this pork sinigang recipe.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 326g|
|Recipe makes 7 servings|
|Calories from Fat 51||31%|
|Total Fat 5.67g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.91g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.34g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|