These pork side ribs are first semi-cooked on the grill on tinfoil, then transferred to direct heat to obtain the familiar 'grill marks'! Decidedly pork in flavor, yet subtly imbued with the zesty combination of veggies and fruit.
Prep:30m Cook:60m Servings:4
- Pork side rib, cut into four generous portions
- red sweet pepper
- one lemon
- three mandarin oranges, sectioned
- mint sprigs
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- salt and pepper
- Drizzle the juice of one whole lemon over the ribs, on tinfoil, presentation side UP. Salt and pepper the portions
- place a mint sprig beneath each portion.
- barbecue on HIGH for ten minutes
- remove the tinfoil, and place the ribs presentation side DOWN.
- Turn the gas feed to LOW
- cook for fifteen minutes, then give each rib portion a one-quarter turn. This gives you the nice checkered grill pattern.
- return the ribs onto tinfoil, and add the oil, sliced carrots, celery pieces, including some chopped celery greens.
- add the peppers and mandarin pieces.
- close the BBQ lid, and allow to cook until golden, and the veggies are tender.
- Garnish the dish with a sprig of fresh mint.
- ENJOY! :O)
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 113g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 95||70%|
|Total Fat 10.8g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 0.81g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 10.27g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|