Cost per serving $2.04 view details
- 13 lbs pork loin- bnl canadian
- 1 3/4 lbs onion, diced
- 1 3/4 cups lime juice
- 4 1/2 oz fresh garlic, diced
- 9 1/3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 2/3 Tbsp jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 2/3 Tbsp whole thyme (1)
- 2 1/4 tsp iodized salt
- 1 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 1/4 qts water
- 4 1/2 oz sc beef base
- 6 1/3 Tbsp white granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp whole thyme (2)
- 9 1/3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine the onion, water, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, jalapeno pepper, thyme (1), salt and pepper. Pour over the pork loin. Cover and refrigerate for 5 to 6 hours, turning every hour.
- Remove the meat from the marinade. Reserve the marinade. Place the pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast at 350F in oven for 1 hour (internal temperature should reach 155 to 160 F). Remove from the oven and cover. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain the remaining marinade. Deglaze the roasting pan with 1/2 of the beef broth; pour into a sauce pot. Combine the strained marinade, sugar, and thyme (2). Bring to a simmer.
- Combine the remaining beef broth with the cornstarch; pour into the sauce and cook until thickened. Stir in the parsely.
- Slice the pork and serve the sauce over it.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 940g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 284||49%|
|Total Fat 32.2g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 4.54g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 74.47g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||19%|