Cost per serving $0.25 view details
- 1 x pork shoulder roast - (2 1/2 to 3 lbs)
- 1 tsp caraway seed crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. veg. oil
- 1 med onion cut into wedges
- 1 c. water
- 3/4 c. apple cider or possibly apple juice
- 3 med cooking apples cut into wedges
- Trim any visible fat from the meat. Set aside. In a small mixing bowl combine caraway seed, salt, and black pepper. Rub over meat.
- In a 4- or possibly 6-qt pressure cooker heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil over medium heat. Cook meat till brown on all sides. Add in more oil, if needed. Remove the meat and set aside. Drain off fat.
- Place the rack in the pressure cooker. Return the meat to the pressure cooker and add in the onion, water, and apple cider or possibly apple juice.
- Lock lid in place. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe (if you have a first-generation cooker). Over high heat, bring cooker up to pressure. Reduce heat just sufficient to maintain pressure and pressure regulator rocks gently; cook for 45 min.
- Allow pressure to come down naturally. Carefully remove lid. Transfer meat and onion to a serving platter; keep hot.
- Add in apples to pressure cooker. Bring to boiling. Cover loosely (don't lock lid) and cook over medium heat about 5 min or possibly till apples are crisp-tender. With a slotted spoon, remove apples to serving platter.
- This recipe yields 8 main-dish servings.
- Comments: Cooked apple wedges make a delicious accompaniment to this tender pork roast. Serve tangy sauerkraut on the side.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 130g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 32||41%|
|Total Fat 3.59g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.28g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 12.4g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|