Cost per recipe $5.27 view details
- 8 x Chiles poblano
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 med Onion, diced
- 1 x Garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lb Grnd pork
- 6 x Canned plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 c. Raisins
- 2 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Each grnd cumin and cinnamon
- Â Â Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 c. Flour
- 2 x Large eggs, beaten
- Â Â Lowfat sour cream for garnish
- Roast and peel chiles, being careful not to cook through flesh. Carefully cut one lengthwise slit in each and remove seed sac beneath stem. Set aside for stuffing.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute/fry onion and garlic till soft, about 5 min.
- Add in pork and cook, stirring and tossing, till proportionately browned.
- Add in remaining ingredients and reduce heat. Cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, till liquid is evaporated, about 1/2 hour.
- Divide pork mix and stuff into each chile. Dip each first in flour and then in egg to lightly coat.
- Heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute/fry chiles, split side up, till lightly browned on 3 sides, 2 min total.
- Serve with dollops of lowfat sour cream.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1468g|
|Calories from Fat 1091||55%|
|Total Fat 121.42g||152%|
|Saturated Fat 40.07g||160%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 118.7g||32%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.0g||40%|