ONE OF MY FAVORTIES!!!!!! The combination of the bell peppers, shallots, capers sets for an AMAZING marriage to the pork chops. ;-)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Cost per serving $2.80 view details
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless (2-inch-thick) pork chops (about 2 pounds total)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning meat
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning meat
- 4 bell peppers (red, yellow, orange, and green), thinly sliced 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus 1/3 cup
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh oregano leaf
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1/2 orange zest
- 2 tablespoons capers
- In a large, heavy skillet heat the olive oil over high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Add the pork to the pan and brown on both sides, about 4 minutes each side. Remove the pork from the pan, cover loosely with foil, and set aside.
- Add the Bell Peppers, shallots, and 1/3 cup parsley and 1/3 cup oregano to the pan and cook over medium heat until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the wine. Using a wooden spoon, scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Add the tomatoes and stir. Add the pork back into the pan, nestling the chops between the bell peppers and tomatoes so they are mostly submerged in the pan juices. Cook until the bell peppers are tender and the pork is done, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Place the pork on a serving dish. To finish the sauce, add the lemon 7 orange zest, remaining 1/3 cup parsley, capers, and 3/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Spoon over the pork chops and serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 205g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 127||64%|
|Total Fat 14.36g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2.03g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.11g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|