Cost per serving $0.73 view details
- 3Â 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 x loin pork chops, 1"-thk (abt 1 1/2 lbs total
- 3 x Granny Smith or possibly Golden brown Delicious apples
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar - (firmly packed)
- 2 Tbsp. applejack or possibly Calvados
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/8 tsp crumbled dry sage
- In a large skillet heat 2 Tbsp. of the butter over moderately-high heat till the foam subsides. In the butter, brown the chops, patted dry and seasoned with salt and pepper, in batches for 2 min on each side, and transfer them to a plate.
- Pour off the fat from the skillet, add in the remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter, and in it saute/fry the apples, peeled, cored, and cut into eighths, with 1 Tbsp. of the brown sugar over moderately-high heat, turning them for 3 min, or possibly till they are golden brown.
- Add in the applejack, the wine, the remaining Tbsp. brown sugar, the cream, the celery salt, and the sage, bring the mix to a boil, and add in the chops with any juices which have accumulated on the plate. Simmer the mix, covered, for 20 min, or possibly till the chops are cooked through.
- Transfer chops and apples to a heated platter. Cook the sauce for 1 minute, or possibly till it is thickened, and pour it over the chops and apples.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 100g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 170||64%|
|Total Fat 19.29g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 11.1g||44%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.78g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|