Cost per serving $1.27 view details
- 1lb dried garbanzo beans rinsed (or canned)
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth (or bouillon)
- 3 cups water
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 3/4 lb. lean pork, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 ox prosciutto, chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 yelow or green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 2 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup torn fresh spinich (add more to taste!)
- In slow cooker or pot, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on Low 10 to 11 hours or until beans are tender.
- Soak beans overnight in advance for even softer texture.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 347g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 132||32%|
|Total Fat 14.86g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 3.74g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.49g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.3g||38%|