I love this recipe. It is easy to prepare and always tastes delicious.
These won tons can be used in *Won Ton Soup or can be **deep fried and served with sweet and sour sauce, Thai chili sauce, or any other dipping sauce you like.
This makes approximately 60 won tons.
- 4 dried mushrooms, rehydrated in boiling water, stems discarded then chopped fine
- 8 oz minced raw pork
- 8 oz raw prawn meat, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sherry
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 green onions, sliced fine
- 8 oz pkg won ton wrappers (about 60 sheets)
- Blend filling ingredients in a bowl, cover and allow to marinate in fridge for 1/2 an hour.
- Place a scant teaspoon of filling in center of wrapper. Moisten the wrapper around the filling with water and gather together around filling, forming a little "purse". Give a gentle twist and then set aside on a plate that has been lightly dusted with cornstarch to keep them from sticking while you make the rest.
- *To use these in soup, cook in rapidly simmering, lightly salted water for 4 - 5 minutes. In the meantime, heat 5 or 6 cups chicken stock to boiling. When the won tons are cooked, portion the desired number per serving into soup bowls, then ladle the hot chicken stock over. Garnish with thinly sliced green onion and serve.
- **To deep fry, DO NOT boil first, but heat oil in pot or deep fryer to 350^ F. Drop won tons into oil, carefully, and deep fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes or so.
- If you have won tons that you don't need to use at this time, just place on a cookie sheet in a single layer and freeze, then put them into a zip lock bag for future use.
- To thaw, take the won tons out of the bags while still frozen, and spread out on a cookie sheet. Don't let them touch, or they will stick together, so that when you attempt to separate them, they tear.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 5g|
|Recipe makes 60 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||29%|
|Total Fat 0.27g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.08g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.25g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|