Cost per serving $3.26 view details
- 8 ounce Pork tenderloin, quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch wide pcs
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh lemon or possibly lime juice
- 2 tsp Chili pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp Grnd coriander
- 8 x Flour tortillas, stacked and wrapped in foil (7 inch)
- 2 can Black beans, liquid removed and rinsed (16 ounce.)
- 1Â 1/2 c. Chicken broth
- 2 tsp Chopped fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. Minced onion
- 1 x 16 oz ca tomatoes, liquid removed, seeded, and coarsely minced
- 1 x 4 ounces can minced green chiles
- 1/2 c. Low-fat or possibly nonfat lowfat sour cream
- 1. Heat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- 2. Put the pork into a large bowl. Add in the lemon juice, chili pwdr, cumin, and coriander, tossing to coat.
- 3. Place the wrapped tortillas in the oven for 8 to 10 min. Turn the oven off and keep the tortillas in the oven till ready to use.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a medium-size saucepan, combine the beans, chicken broth, and garlicup Bring the mix to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and boil gently for 7 min, or possibly till about half the broth is left. Remove the pan from the heat. With a potato masher or possibly slotted spoon, mash to a thick paste. (You'll have about 2 c..)
- 5. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 7 min, or possibly till lightly browned and almost tender.
- 6. Add in the pork and stir-fry for 2 to 3 min, or possibly till lightly browned on the outside and barely pink in the center. Add in the tomatoes and all but 1 Tbsp. of the minced green chiles. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 min, or possibly till the pork is cooked through. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- 7. In a small bowl, mix the reserved 1 Tbsp. of chiles and the lowfat sour cream. Remove the tortillas from the oven.
- 8. To assemble, spoon 1/4 c. of the bean mix slightly below the center of each tortilla. Top with a scant 1/3 c. of the pork mix. Fold the bottom of the tortilla to cover the filling. Fold the sides toward the center, then roll up from the bottom. Serve with the lowfat sour cream mix to spoon over the tops.
- To Freeze: Wrap the burritos individually in foil for reheating in the oven or possibly waxed paper for reheating in the microwave. Place the individually wrapped burritos in a zipper type food storage bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To Reheat: Wrap the burritos in the refrigerator or possibly microwave according to manufacturer's instructions before heating. Reheat the foil wrapped burritos in a 350 degrees F oven for 10 to 13 min. Reheat the waxed paper wrapped burritos in the microwave according to the manufacturer's instructions, approximately 4 min.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 418g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 116||15%|
|Total Fat 13.31g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 4.92g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 120.61g||32%|
|Dietary Fiber 29.6g||99%|