- 250 g ground poppy seeds or 250 g poppy seed baking mix
- 100 g melted butter
- 20 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 g granola cereal or 25 g ground almonds
- 150 g raisins
- 300 g flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 g low fat Quark (firm yogurt works as well)
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 100 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla
- n a bowl mix poppy seeds, butter, sugar, eggs, granola cereal/almonds and raisins. Stir until well blended.
- In a second bowl mix baking powder and flour. Add quark, milk, oil, sugar, vanilla and salt. Using the dough hooks work into a smooth dough (first on low then on highest speed). Do not knead longer than 1 minute or dough will become sticky.
- Roll out on a floured surface into a rectangle of 35X45 cm. If the dough is too sticky, add a little flour.
- Spread with the poppy-seed-mixture and roll up starting on the longer side.
- Carefully place on a paper-lined baking sheet and cut a criss-cross-pattern into the top of the dough (about 1.5 cm deep). Brush with a little milk.
- In the preheated oven bake at 180Â°C/350Â°F for about 30-35 minutes