Cost per serving $3.16 view details
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. mixed dry herbs
- Â Â (use any combination of dry rosemary,
- Â Â thyme, basil, savory, chives, oregano, and mint which you like)
- 3Â 1/2 ounce sliced Italian pancetta cut into strips
- Â Â (if not available, use blanched bacon)
- 6 x Large eggs
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 4 c. washed mixed salad greens torn bite size
- 3 Tbsp. Pontormo Dressing (see recipe)
- Place the extra virgin olive oil, herbs, and pancetta in a large skillet and cook over medium heat. When the pancetta is transparent, after 5 to 7 min, beat together the Large eggs, salt, and pepper and scramble them in the pan. They should not be too dry. If you see they are drying, take them off the heat and continue stirring.
- Dress the greens with the Pontormo dressing and mix with the Large eggs. Serve immediately. (If you want a bit of crunch, croutons are a nice touch.)
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Pontormo was a reclusive sixteenth century painter who lived in Florence. He and Il Rosso Fiorentino are credited with being the first artists to break away from the High Renaissance. Pontormo and Rosso were great gourmands. This dish, a hot salad of Large eggs mixed with greens, was one of Pontormo's favorites.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 354g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1122||88%|
|Total Fat 124.86g||156%|
|Saturated Fat 20.25g||81%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.02g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|